At GN Insurance Agency, we are committed to helping customers like you get the best coverage for your Auto Insuance, whether it’s a a family car, motorcycle, recreational vehicle or RV Trailer.
Protecting Your Valuable Items
Basic insurance is the minimum liability insurance coverage that a vehicle owner must purchase from the Insurance Corporation of BC (ICBC) before a motor vehicle can be operated on a BC highway. Although the minimums required by law varies in different jurisdictions, in British Columbia the minimum limit for Third Party Legal Liability coverage is $200,000 for each vehicle. (Taxes and limousines require $300,000; buses $500,000).
- Third Party Legal Liability
- “No-Fault” Accident Benefits
- Underinsured Motorist Protection (UMP)
- Protection Against Uninsured and Unidentified Motorists
- Inverse Liability coverage
Optional Automobile Coverages includes a variety of additional coverages that a vehicle owner may purchase.
The most common Optional Autoplan coverages are:
- Extended Third-Party Legal Liability
- Collision Comprehensive
- Loss of Use
- Replacement Cost/Limited depreciation
- Roadstar Package
- Roadside Plus Package
- Increased Underinsured Motorist Protection (UMP)
The Air Care Program
The AirCare program is one of the most effective vehicle emissions inspection and maintenance programs in North America .AirCare Inspection Centres are open Monday through Saturday, from 8:30 a.m. till 5 p.m. There are 10 AirCare InspectionCentres located throughout Greater Vancouver and the Fraser Valley.
Did you know that you can check the AirCare status of your vehicle online?
You need your registration number or vehicle ID number.
Who is Covered
ICBC British Columbia
In British Columbia, the insurance policy is issued to the owner of the vehicle. However, your coverage extends to any authorized and eligible operator of the vehicle, any passengers in the vehicle and anyone injured as the result of an accident involving your vehicle.
Who is Not Covered?
The average person in British Columbia should not be concerned about limits of coverage. If your vehicle is being operated by someone with a valid licence using it for a lawful purpose coverage will apply.
However, there are some circumstances where all, or some portion of coverage, may be denied. The most common are:
- Operating the vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Operating the vehicle in a race;
- Attempting to avoid arrest;
- Allowing the use of the vehicle by someone who does not hold a valid B.C. Drivers Licence;
- Allowing the use of the vehicle in a manner inconsistent with the limits of your policy.
If you have questions regarding your coverage, please call us to discuss your auto insurance needs.
- Abbotsford: 3380 McCallum Road
- Chilliwack: 45730 Airport Road
- Coquitlam: 1316 United Blvd
- Langley: 5958-205A Street
- Maple Ridge: 11469 Kingston Street
- North Vancouver: 1333 Mckeen Ave.
- Richmond: 11115 Silversmith Place
- Surrey North: 7910-130th Street
- Vancouver East: 3608 Charles Street
- Vancouver South: 728 E. Kent Avenue South